Have great fun all year at Cape Escape!
Endless possibilities await you at Cape Escape all throughout the year. The beach and the surrounding area provide a variety of fun and relaxation opportunities for the whole family. A key source of information is the local website CrystalBeach.com. Checkout just a few of the amazing things you can do during your Escape to the Cape.
It’s time for fun in the Sun, and Cape Escape is the perfect get away for the whole family. Crystal Beach is just a short walk from your front door. Enjoy the surf, sun, and fishing too. This home comes with several indoor and outdoor games for your entertainment. It’s time to Escape to the Cape!
- Kick off the summer season - water temperatures are perfect for swimming, yet the outside temps are still mild and comfortable. The beaches are less crowded too.
- Ring in the summer and celebrate Memorial Day at the Cape.
- School is out and it time to play! Get a tan, catch some fish, or build a bonfire and make S’mores.
- The heart of the summer is here – get out your fireworks and celebrate Independence Day on Crystal Beach. The fireworks are a sight to behold.
August – Labor Day
- Escape the heat and take a dip in the surf. Summer’s not over yet!
- Look for great rental deals as back to school approaches.
- Wrap up another great summer with an incredible get away to celebrate Labor Day.
Spring and Fall
The “sweet spot” before and after the peak Summer Season is like a precious jewel that not everyone knows about. The waters are warming up or are still warm from the summer, but outside temps are pleasant and the beaches are clean and much less crowded. Those who know the beach, look forward to this time all year. So don’t miss out on this gem of a season and plan your Escape today. This is the best time of the year for special events like Weddings and large gathering. Book early and save your spot during this special time of year!
- The Cape is a great choice for Spring Break. Escape the cold climates or just get away from the books and tests. They will all melt away at Cape Escape.
- Don’t forget about the rest of the month – less crowds and the same great climate and peaceful sound of crashing waves.
April – Early May
- Come celebrate the Resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The beach is always a beautiful way to spend Easter with family and friends.
- Fabulous birding at High Island and Bolivar Flats during the Spring Migration.
- Through April the water temps are getting warmer and the beaches remain calm and clean. Don’t miss it!
- With May comes perfect water temperatures and the very popular Texas Crab Festival and Golf Tournament on Mother’s Day weekend.
September (post Labor Day)
- Crowds are gone and the kids are back in school – now it’s time to enjoy the beach all to yourself and a few close friends and family.
- October is the rarest gem of all the months of the year. Outside temps are cooling down, but the water remains warm. Skies are beautiful with majestic colors at sunset. The beaches are quiet and serene.
- Great month for a retreat or Wedding. Contact Cobb Real Estate for details on special events.
- Home of the Jane Long Festival. Jane is known as the “Mother of Texas” and she is honored every year at the Fort Travis Seashore Park on the Bolivar Peninsula.
- Don’t miss a spooky time on the gulf shores for Halloween. Loads of fun and frights to be had at the “Big Store” Ghost on the Coast Spookhouse & Trunk or Treat.
The beaches are calm, quiet, and very clean. The sky is crisp and clear with amazing colors – a great time for a winter retreat. Book early and save big with our great Winter Specials!
- Enjoy a special Thanksgiving with beautiful views of the gulf.
- Peaceful long walks to the soothing sounds of the crashing waves.
- Dickens on The Strand first weekend of December in Galveston
- Take part in the Christmas Parade on Crystal Beach the second weekend of December
- Experience a wonderful Christmas at the Cape with special interior decorations, a lovely Christmas tree, and exterior lighting to bring in the Christmas Spirit.
- Awesome New Years celebration with spectacular fireworks. There is no place like the beach when it comes to setting off your own fireworks. You have to see it to believe it – truly amazing!
- Retreat to the Cape.
- Take in the festive Mardi Gras Parade on Crystal Beach.
- Mardi Gras in Galveston is just a short Ferry ride away
- Get away to the Cape for a special Valentine’s retreat. Mystic strolls on the beach and amazing sunsets are the perfect setting for such an occasion.